Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Visions of fall...









It's certainly beginning to look and feel a lot like fall around here!  The air has gotten cooler and the leaves are falling.  Slippers, hats, and sweaters are all making an appearance and I have to admit, I'm enjoying it.  This weekend was certainly one that screamed *autumn.*  We went to a local organic apple festival for the second year in a row and had a great time.  We got there earlier than we did last year to make sure we got some of the best apples!  It was a great time, and now I'm looking for the perfect applesauce recipe so I can start using them!

I also keep thinking about how I'm going to miss eating outside now that the weather is turning cool... and then I realize just how silly that thought is!  We've been continuing to eat lunch and dinner outside as often as we can, just the preparation is different.  Instead of just running out onto the porch, I'm getting the girls in slippers (realizing that I need to buy a pair and find a pair for Elyse as well!), and sweaters, and hats.  There's just something so beautiful about eating on the porch, listening to the crickets, and feeling the (now) cool breeze.  And then dinner ends, the girls jump up and play.  Elyse finds fallen balls from our sycamore tree to pop in her mouth while Leah does some crazy dancing.  Yes, I think we'll be staying out as long as we can.  Happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment