Monday, September 17, 2012

A good start




I'm not going to say that I woke up today and the rhythm I want just fell into place. I'm not. What I will say, though, is that I woke up (very tired), and a pleasant morning fell into place. I needed to shower and clean the kitchen (and other parts of the house that have been forgotten as of late), but I stopped, and decided that getting to the playground first thing with my girls was more important. So I threw on some comfy clothes, got us a bit bundled for the crisp morning it was, put Elyse in the BabyHawk and we headed out. It was perfect.

We went on the swings, Leah figured out some new ways to climb parts of the playground, and we just enjoyed.  The sun got warmer and warmer and before long, Elyse was fast asleep on my chest.  (Is there anything as wonderful as a sleeping baby snuggled up against you?)

After we were outside for about an hour, we headed in for a snack.  I then got a phone call from a lady who was interested in child care!  Things are looking up!  While I may not be the right fit for her and her son right now (due to money, etc), she said she would definitely keep me in mind for the near future.  At any rate, I may have a little boy to watch soon!  Also, another friend has started bringing her daughter for me to watch once a week or so.  It's not much, but it's enough to give me hope!  I don't know what the future holds, but this seems like a very good start, indeed...


No comments:

Post a Comment